HOW TO APPLY FOR LH HOUSING in South Korea πŸ πŸ‡°πŸ‡· LH Apartment Lottery


    Hello everyone! I received a lot of questions about my LH apartment so I thought I would answer some of them.

     For our apartment, we applied back in early 2020, signed the apartment contract in October 2020, and moved in August 2021. We found our apartment in the μ‹ ν˜Όν¬λ§νƒ€μš΄ section (Pink Section) on the LH website.


    We applied for the 행볡주택 program. I believe this program accepts engaged and newlywed couples (married up to 7 years or less). 

    Before you apply, please make sure you have the HOUSING SAVINGS ACCOUNT! (μ²­μ•½μ €μΆ•κ³„μ’Œ)


Find more information about housing savings accounts here:


-Hana Bank

-KB Bank



    Try to open that account as soon as possible! The longer you have that account open, the more it benefits you! 


    Each apartment program has different requirements! Some may require you to have a specific amount saved in the housing savings account and some may only care how long you have had that account open (and how long you have been depositing into it). 


    These government housing programs are here to help lower-income couples. Many of these programs have specific income requirements so unfortunately if you and your spouse's combined salary exceeds the requirements then you will not be eligible to apply. Always check the information and qualifications carefully!


    I also want to mention that my husband and I are only renting this apartment, we are NOT purchasing! For this apartment, I believe we can rent and stay here for up to 6 years and if we have children we are allowed to stay longer. However, we are only planning to only stay here temporarily until we save up enough money to buy our own apartment. 


    LH apartments tend to have lower rental fees so it helps families to save some money. I believe if your income increases while you are living at these apartments, you're monthly rental fees may increase as well. If you have any more questions, feel free to leave a comment below and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.~


HOW I GOT MY LH APARTMENT!



**This information only applies to my application process and experience. Yours may not be the same and may have different requirements!

This video is only a summary of what the application process was like for my husband and me.


The information in this video may not be 100% accurate since I am only explaining the process as it was told to me.


For accurate information, please check the LH website or speak to an official representative.~ 



Check out a tour of my Korean Apartment!




Comments